Tritium Insertion Services: See When Others Can’t See.
As a light source, phosphor is good – but Tritium is better:
- It’s always “on” and requires no electrical energy or battery power (that means no recharging either).
- Provides constant, high-contrast illumination in the darkest conditions.
Cammenga is only one of a small handful of U.S. companies licensed to handle Tritium. In addition to having an on-site radiation safety staff, our range of services include:
- Inserting Tritium into products such a knives, gun sights and watches, just to name a few.
- Determining if your product is a potential candidate for Tritium enhancement.
Working closely with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to ensure proper testing andpaperwork is always completed.
- Disposal of decaying Tritium devices. (We are one of only a few places certified to offer this service.)
The Self-Sustaining Power of Tritium.
Tritium is an isotope of hydrogen. It’s converted into a gas and injected into thin, glass vials coated with a phosphor material, creating a fluorescent light. The Tritium-laced glass is cut down into extremely fine pieces and inserted into products such as our compasses.
Tritium is used in thermonuclear devices. The amount, however, needed for these apparatuses is several thousand times greater than what you would find in our gear. Nonetheless, the NRC heavily regulates all Tritium-augmented products in the U.S.A.